Chocolate can be a great treat and a decadent snack and feel like nourishing luxury to your soul. And no surprise. Chocolate affects our mood-hormones; serotonin, endorphins and phenylethylamine. 100% cacao is high in antioxidants, making it a healthier choice when you want to treat your self. Here are some specific health benefits of cacao, which you'll get from this smoothie:
- Serotonin is our antidepressant hormone, the one that makes us feel good, emotionally stabile and calm.
- Endorphins make us feel enthusiastic and powerful. These are also the hormones that are released when you exercise.
- Phenylethylamine is a mood enhancer.
- High in antioxidants, the raw cacao is considered a Superfood and contains a number of essential minerals; such as potassium, copper and magnesium, flavonoids and several vitamins; including vitamin B1, B2, D, and E.
Antioxidant Vegan Cacao Smoothie
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3/4 cup oat milk, nut or hemp milk.
- 2 tablespoons raw unsweetened 100% powdered cacao
- 1 whole star of anise
- 4 whole coffee beans
- 1 tablespoon real 100% maple syrup
- 4 ice cubes
Blend everything in a blender and serve.
Photo Credit: Stocksy