Tofu & Vegetable Quinoa Over Spinach
This tofu and vegetable quinoa over spinach is healthy and hearty. With all the protein in this recipe, you won't miss the meat!
Quinoa Salad with Black Beans and AvocadoServings: 4
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thin slices or julienned
- 4-6 scallions, rinsed and chopped (tips removed)
- 4 cups spinach, washed and stems removed
- 1/2 pound extra firm tofu, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions.
2. Fill a steamer pan or pot with an inch of water. Place tofu in steamer basket and steam for ten minutes, or until tofu is cooked through.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the juice of one fresh lemon, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and set aside.
4. In a medium to large bowl, combine hot quinoa and tofu with tomatoes, bell pepper and scallions. Pour in 3/4 of the dressing mixture and stir lightly.
5. Scoop over spinach or other mixed green. Drizzle remaining dressing over spinach leaves and enjoy!
Recipe adapted with permission from Healthy You! 14 Days to Quick and Permanent Weight Loss and a Healthier, Happier You.
Dawna Stone is the author of seven books, a business owner, certified health coach, motivational speaker, and creator of the 5-Day Detox and the 14-Day Clean-Eating Program. She has an undergraduate degree from UC Berkeley and an MBA from the Anderson School of Business at UCLA. Stone has appeared on the Today show, Martha, MSNBC, HSN, and morning news programs on NBC, CBS, ABC, and Fox. She is a highly sought-after speaker and has done speaking engagements for Chobani, Disney, American Heart Association, Mass Mutual, Wharton Business School, Women’s Entertainment Television, PGA Tour, Super Bowl Leadership Forum, Susan G. Komen, and many more.