This Chia Pudding Recipe Is Packed With Superfoods
Chia seeds join together with almond milk and superfoods in this recipe to give you a super easy, supercharged start to your day. Filled with anti-inflammatory omega-3s, vitamin C (hello, Baobab!) and fiber, it is a perfect way to get in essential nutrients with barely any kitchen cleanup. Whip this breakfast up the night before for a no-hassle morning!
Superfood-Packed Chia Pudding
Makes 1 serving
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon baobab powder
- 1/2 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon lucuma powder
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or agave (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Whisk milk and chia seeds in a bowl for one minute until chia seeds are evenly submerged throughout the milk. This is important because chia seeds can tend to clump together making for a not-so-smooth pudding in the morning.
- Add in maca, lucuma, baobab, cinnamon, vanilla and honey. Whisk again for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or preferably overnight. You will know it is ready once the milk sways if you tip the bowl to the side.
- Top with anything! I like banana, goji berries, coconut flakes and blueberries. Fresh fruit and nuts are great additions.
Photo courtesy of the author
Danielle Sobel is a certified health coach through The Institute of Integrative Nutrition and founder of Juice Society, a cold-pressed organic and sustainable juice company based in Austin, Texas. Two years ago Danielle overcame a long battle with chronic migraines and skin conditions through the power of wholesome, organic food and juices. Danielle is a firm believer that what we put in our bodies plays an integral role in how we live our lives. Her approach to wellness is a seamless fusion of mind, body and spirit and she hope to inspire others to find their most vibrant health and happiest self.