Nadia Neumann’s new book Glow: The Nutritional Approach to Naturally Gorgeous Skin is all about how to eat for vibrant skin—and these gummies are the perfect end-of-summer recipe. The pastured grass-fed gelatin helps soothe and heal the gut, which is vital to skin health, and vitamin-C-packed lemon and strawberries, which help boost skin’s production of collagen. She explains:
These Strawberry-Lemonade Gut-Healing Snacks Are The Perfect Last Taste Of Summer
Is it possible that these scrumptious little Strawberry Lemonade Fruit Snacks could help you snack your way to a happier gut and healthier skin? Oh yes!
Strawberries and lemon juice are naturally rich in the potent antioxidant vitamin C, which fights inflammatory free radicals and is a necessary precursor for collagen production. But the all-star of the recipe is the gelatin: High-quality grass-fed gelatin provides the skin with all of the amino acids it needs to build strong, healthy cells, particularly supporting collagen and elastin production. It’s also great for the gut, helping to soothe and heal the gut lining and aid digestion, which further promotes skin health.
Strawberry Lemonade Gut Gummies
Makes 1¼ cups (number of fruit snacks will depend on the specific mold you use)
- In a high-speed blender, combine the lemon juice, strawberries, and stevia extract, and blend on high.
- Continue to blend on the lowest speed and slowly add the gelatin 1 tablespoon at a time (at such a low speed, you shouldn’t have to worry about the mixture splashing up and out of the blender and making a mess). Blend for just 5 more seconds after the last tablespoon of gelatin has been added.
- Quickly transfer the mixture to a small pot over medium heat. Stir the mixture consistently for about 2 minutes, or until it is just warmer than body temperature.
- Pour the mixture into silicone candy molds or a glass-baking dish.
- After setting for an hour in the refrigerator, either pop the fruit snacks out of the molds or slice the gelatin mixture in the baking dish into bite-size squares.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Based on excerpts from Glow: The Nutritional Approach to Naturally Gorgeous Skin by Nadia Neumann, with the permission of Page Street Publishing. Copyright © 2017.