The Gut-Healing Breakfast Celebs Are Obsessing Over Takes 2 Minutes To Make
Robyn Youkilis is a gut health expert and the author of the newly released Thin From Within. It makes sense that her go-to breakfast would be super gut healing: as she says, "Your breakfast and morning routine set the tone for the rest of the day. This could be the difference between feeling good about your body and great about your life or feeling like nothing is working out."
She has an extensive (but surprisingly doable!) morning routine that involves taking time to breathe and connect with her body—and she follows that with her Power Parfait. "I developed this breakfast when my daughter was a baby so that I could have a delicious, satisfying, and gut-friendly breakfast ready to go when I was. The other important "it" factor of this breakfast? It created consistency in my days when, as a new mom, my mornings were anything but consistent."
There are a few keys things that make the Power Parfait the perfect breakfast, according to Robyn:
- You can prepare a fleet of Power Parfaits all at once, setting yourself up for an entire week...
- But you don't have to do anything in advance—this breakfast can just as easily come together on the spot!
- It contains gut-friendly fiber, probtiotics, and prebiotics.
- It's packed with protein, which will keep you full for hours.
- And bonus: Your little one will likely love it, too.
Actress and singer Lea Michele is obsessed, noting that she loves the parfait's "gut-healing probiotic" qualities.
Want to make it for yourself? Here's the simple recipe.
Gut-Healing Power Parfait
- ¾ cup yogurt (siggi's makes a thick and creamy Icelandic-style version)
- ¼ cup plain oats
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (we love the ones from Navitas Organics)
- Small scoop of protein powder
- Splash or two of homemade nut milk or water
- ¾ cup fresh berries or other chopped fruit
- ¼ cup low-sugar granola (Robyn recommends mbg favorite Purely Elizabeth)
- Mango and shredded coconut
- Walnuts and grated apple
- Fresh berry mix and mint
- Mashed cooked sweet potato swirl with almonds
- Nectarines, fresh figs, and almond slivers
- Mix the ingredients, save for granola and toppings, together.
- Top with the fruit and granola. Eat immediately, or store in the fridge for later!
Want more from Robyn? This is her genius gut-healing morning routine.
And are you ready to learn more about how gut health is the foundation for the health of your entire body? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Dr. Vincent Pedre.