This Plant-Based Granola Bar Might Be Your New Favorite Snack
This Superfood Bar is one of my all-time favorite bar recipes. We serve a version of it at my juice bar, and we have to make it at least twice a day because they sell so quickly.
I find myself turning to these bars after a long mountain bike ride, a good hard workout, or on a rainy day when I'm wanting something sweet and cozy but still good for me.
I feel great about eating them because they're packed with nutrients that boost my energy, fill me up without slowing me down, and surge my body with plant-based protein. They also happen to go perfectly with an almond milk latte. I think you'll be enjoying these as much as me this fall.
- 4 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup flaxseeds
- 1 cup goji berries
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- 2½ smashed ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ cup maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup coconut oil
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, chia, flax, goji, cinnamon, and sea salt. Make sure it's well-mixed. Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine mashed banana, vanilla, maple syrup or sweetener of choice, almond butter, and coconut oil. Once all is melted and mixed together, take off the stove and pour into dry mix.
3. Use coconut oil to grease a 9-by-9-inch baking dish. Press mixture into the bottom of the dish' the layer should be about ¾ inch thick. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes at 350°F. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before removing from the pan.
4. Cut into squares and enjoy!