Raw Recipe: Lemon-Blueberry Cheesecake
Once you try a raw cheesecake, you'll never believe that it's vegan, dairy-free and raw. They're the most delicious thing I've ever eaten, and I know there's a craze right now for them here in Sydney. They're not cheap to buy in health food cafes, though, as lots of expensive ingredients and time goes into making them.
Determined to try and make one myself, I finally took the challenge and here we are. Here's my Lemon-Blueberry Cheesecake, which is RAW!
- 2/3 cup pecans
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 6 soft medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 4 cups raw cashews (soaked at least 4 hours, but preferably soaked overnight)
- 1 cup young coconut meat (optional)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp raw coconut nectar or agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract and seeds from half a vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp coconut oil (warmed to liquid)
- 2 cups of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Grease a six-inch springform pan with coconut oil. Put pecans, shredded coconut, salt and dates into a food processor and mix until it forms together, put it into greased pan and flatten out into the base. Leave on side for 1 hour.
Put soaked cashews into food processor with all the other ingredients, do not put coconut oil and blueberries in. After mixture is creamy and blended together, slowly add the coconut oil as a liquid.
Separate the mixture, putting half on top of the pecan base and leave the other in processor, add the blueberries and mix it all up, it will go the most amazing color ... beautiful!
Then pour it all over the the white layer, smooth it over, cover it up and put in freezer to cool for at least 2 hours.
Take out to serve, leave for 30 mins to defrost and eat ... IF there's any left, then put it in fridge for later.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.