10 Life Lessons from Forrest Gump
Yes, Forrest Gump was one very wise man. Here are ten life lessons from the character that Tom Hanks made famous back in 1994.
1. Donate. Forrest's mama said, "There's only so much fortune one man needs, the rest is just showing off." Keep what’s serving you, and let go of what is not.
2. Heed good advice. “Run Forrest, Run!” Those who love us are good at pointing out our strengths. They may take you far - like across the country.
3. Keep your promises. Forrest kept his promise to Bubba to open a shrimping business, and it eventually benefitted Forrest, Lieutenant Dan and Bubba’s family.
4. Let the universe take care of you. No matter where Forrest was in his life, he never was one to worry.
5. Be loyal to your friends. Love unconditionally. "Bubba was my best good friend, and even I know you can't just find that around the corner."
6. Pray. To whomever you pray to, and one day, when the time is right, all the shrimp that you need will appear.
7. See the glass half full. “The good part about being shot in the buttocks was the ice cream,” Forrest said. “They gave me all the ice cream I could eat.”
8. See the world with fresh eyes. Forrest’s innocence helped him see people without judgment. Practice seeing the world through innocent eyes.
9. Listen to your body. Forrest ran for a long time, but one day, he just felt like stopping, and he stopped. “When I got tired, I slept. When I got hungry, I ate. When I had to go, you know, I went.” Nuff said.
10. Don't be anxious, have faith that everything will work out! “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.”
Want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.