Unicorn Toast Is A Thing (And It's REALLY Good For You!) Here's How To Make It At Home
Rainbow vibes are everywhere right now, from the colorful algae lattes at The End (you can read all about 'em and get the full recipe here) to multilayered smoothies to rainbow toast that's taking over the internet. Whether it's a reaction to winter or a need for fun in a tumultuous time, whimsy and magic are having a major moment right now.
First popularized by food blogger Vibrant and Pure, this superfood toast particularly caught our eye. What's better than starting your day with a breakfast that's easy on the eyes and packed with antioxidants from matcha, beets, goji berries and more? Here's our favorite recipe, but in the spirit of this toast's unicorn roots, please be wild and free with following it. Sub in your favorite superfood powder. Top with vibrant pistachios, sweet, chopped dates, or even fresh fruit. It's your toast, and your magic. Now, let's get to conjuring.
Rainbow Unicorn Toast Recipe
Base Cream Ingredients
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Juice of 1 lemon (preferably Meyer, but normal works fine)
- Generous pinch sea salt
Superfood Color Mix-Ins
- Powdered turmeric (yellow)
- Goji berry powder (orange)
- Matcha powder (light green)
- Spirulina powder (deep green)
- Beet powder (can sub fresh beets, boiled and pureed) (dark pink)
- Pomegranate powder (light pink)
- Blueberry powder (violet)
- Cover your cashews in water and let soak for two to three hours, then drain well. In a food processor, combine cashews with all remaining Base Cream ingredients.
- Divide into as many bowls as you'd like different colors, then mix in powders to make colors of choice. Spread on toast (we love sprouted and sourdough breads) in different color chunks, then take a pass with a clean knife over the whole thing to gently swirl the colors together. Eat immediately.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.