Laurel Gallucci is the baker behind L.A.'s Sweet Laurel Bakery, where she creates whole-food-based treats that are often gluten- and refined-sugar-free. This season she's sharing some healthy holiday treats that look good enough to gift.
Coconut macaroons are one of my favorite cookies, and topped with dark chocolate, who can resist? Whip these up for your next holiday gathering. I promise, everyone will love them!
Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Macaroons
Ingredients for Macaroons
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 3 cups shredded, unsweetened, and dried coconut
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients for Chocolate Sauce
- 2 to 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine all macaroon ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop ball-like rounds onto a cookie sheet.
2. Bake about 15 minutes. You can bake longer if you’d like your macaroons to be crispy. Allow to cool on pan about 10 minutes. Remove onto a rack to cool.
3. To prepare chocolate sauce: Melt chocolate over low heat. Allow to cool, then add maple syrup.
4. Dip cooled macaroons in chocolate sauce, then let set for at least 10 minutes. Enjoy!