A Grain-Free Granola Recipe You'll Want To Eat All Week
I make this granola almost every week, as it’s a perfect breakfast and great snack on the go. I usually have about ½ cup of granola with some yogurt and berries. I recommend trying it with some coconut yogurt, which is a really great dairy-free option.
- Coconut oil for greasing
- 3 cups mixed almonds, hazelnuts, and macadamia nuts
- ⅔ cup dried plums, cherries, cranberries, or apricots, or a mixture
- ⅔ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 to 3 tablespoons raw honey or coconut syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange (optional)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chia seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a rimmed baking sheet with coconut oil and line with parchment paper.
2. Using a food processor, pulse 2½ cups of the nuts and all of the dried fruit into small crumbs.
3. In a large bowl, add the ground nut–fruit mixture, the remaining ½ cup whole nuts, the shredded coconut, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, maple syrup, honey, vanilla, and orange zest (if using). Stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and use a spatula to flatten it out.
4. Bake until browned, 20 to 25 minutes, stirring twice during the baking process. Remove to a wire rack and let cool completely. Stir in the chia seeds. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Excerpted from my book, Eat Drink Paleo Cookbook.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.