This soup is incredibly easy to make and delicious served both hot or cold. Hot in the winter with a few slices of warm sourdough toast drizzled in butter or olive oil, or cold in the summer as a starter or light lunch.
You could add a little coconut cream or full fat Greek yogurt to the mix for an even fuller meal or homemade croutons for a bit of crunch. Whichever way you choose to enjoy it, it's delicious!
Don't forget that soup is one the easiest things to make a bunch of, too. You can keep it in the freezer for those lazy nights when you don't feel like cooking.
Carrot + Ginger Soup With Lime + Cilantro
- 2 large bunches of carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 brown onion, roughly diced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh minced ginger
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- juice of 1 lime optional
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4-6 radishes, diced
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- handful cilantro leaves
1. Heat oil in a medium sized saucepan. Add onions and ginger and sauté until soft (about 3-5 minutes). Add carrots and vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
2. Simmer for 10 minutes then turn off heat and let sit to steam for 10 minutes with the lid on. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Transfer back to the pot and when ready, either heat up to serve or when cooled, transfer to the fridge to chill before serving.
4. To make the topping, throw all the ingredients into a small bowl and mix together. Serve soup hot or cold and top with the radish mix, a drizzle of olive oil and cracked pepper. Serve with your favorite crusty bread and butter or oil.
BE inspired. BE change.