Make Breakfast Like A Boss With This 6-Minute Granola
Nothing beats a healthy breakfast that's quick to make and oh-so-tasty.
My superfood granola takes less than 6 minutes to prepare (plus 20 minutes cooking time) and is delicious when eaten atop a breakfast bowl, by the handful as an afternoon snack, or drenched in homemade nut milk for dessert.
This gluten-free granola is packed with nutrition: protein from the quinoa and oats, antioxidants from the goji berries, magnesium from the cacao nibs, and healthy fats from the nuts and coconut oil.
I hope this recipe becomes a fast favorite in your breakfast rotation. Enjoy!
6-Minute Superfood Granola
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons honey, maple syrup or rice-malt syrup
- 2 cups thick rolled oats
- 1 cup (uncooked) quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup goji berries or dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Scant pinch of salt flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350F / 180C and position rack in the middle of the oven.
2. In a large bowl, combine all wet ingredients and stir to combine. Add remaining ingredients and stir well to evenly coat dry ingredients with wet mixture.
3. Spread granola on a baking tray, lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20-25 minutes*, stirring every 8-10 minutes to prevent the outside edges from burning.
4. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container for up to two weeks (good luck making it last two weeks!)
*Note: the granola will be ready when it’s starting to turn a light golden color, it will still feel soft but crisps once cooled. Timing will vary depending on your oven.
Photo courtesy of the author
And are you ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.