1. Combine the zucchini and sweet potato in a colander. Sprinkle with a generous pinch of sea salt and mix through. Leave the vegetables to ‘sweat’ for 15 minutes.
2. Squeeze out all the moisture from the zucchini and sweet potato with your hands. You can also wrap the shredded vegetables in a clean tea towel or cheesecloth and squeeze the liquid out.
3. Place the grated zucchini, sweet potato and fennel into a large bowl. Add the parsley, mint, spring onions, lemon zest, eggs, almond meal, and a few grinds of cracked black pepper. Mix well until incorporated.
4. At this stage it’s good to test and cook a fritter to make sure it holds together well. Add a touch more almond meal if needed. Form into small patties approximately 2½ inches (6 cm) in diameter.
5. Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add the coconut oil. When the coconut oil is hot, add the fritters and cook until golden, turning once, for 4 minutes. Serve with Green Goddess Dressing, arugula, and lemon wedges.
Green Goddess Dressing
Makes 1 cup