Summer Fun Recipe: Balsamic Glazed Heirloom Tomatoes + Peaches
When it comes to seasonal summertime fruits, simple is perfection.
The natural beauty of delicious heirloom tomatoes and freshly picked, juicy peaches is not to be missed! This stunning, vegan, light and healthy platter is quick and easy to prepare and will absolutely wow your guests.
Balsamic Glazed Heirloom Tomatoes + Peaches
• ½ cup balsamic vinegar
• 1 large, ripe peach, washed and dried
• 2 small to medium-sized heirloom tomatoes (about ½ pound), washed and dried
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon roughly chopped chives for garnish, washed and dried
1. Pour the vinegar into a small saucepan and place it over medium heat. Once it’s bubbling, turn the heat to low and continue to simmer until it’s reduced to about 2 tablespoons, and is quite thick. Remove it from the heat and set it aside to cool.
2. Place the peach with its stem pointing up and cut thin slices from each of the sides, until you've reached the pit. Set aside.
3. Holding the tomatoes gently on their sides, cut them into thin slices. (You want cross-section slices.)
4. Arrange the peach and tomato slices on a platter, alternating them. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and garnish with the chives.
5. Drizzle lightly with the balsamic glaze just before serving.
Photo courtesy of the author