Veggie-Packed Summer Pasta Salad Recipe (Takes Less Than 30 Minutes!)
With the hot summer months upon us, you’ll need a go-to lunch or dinner that is easy to throw together but also packs a mean nutritional punch. Well, here it is!
This pasta salad is full of seasonal produce and comes together in 30 minutes or less. It is vegan, gluten-free, great served hot or cold and makes for some super delicious leftovers. Don’t forget to add your protein of choice to make it a complete meal.
Cheers to sunshine and summer vegetables!
Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad
- 1 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 2 cups kale leaves, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 cup shelled green peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 servings brown rice fusilli
1. Make pesto by combining the basil, kale, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, sea salt and sunflower seeds together in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
2. Trim the woody ends off the asparagus. Fill a pot with 2 cups water and a pinch of sea salt. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer, add the asparagus and cover. Let cook for 3 minutes. Transfer asparagus out of the water and let cool before slicing into 1 inch pieces.
3. Bring another pot of water to a boil and cook brown rice fusilli as per the instructions on the package. Once cooked, strain and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add in the asparagus, peas and radishes. Toss with desired amount of pesto. Divide into bowls and enjoy!
Photo courtesy of the author
And do you want to know if you should you go Keto? Paleo? Deciding what to eat to feel your best shouldn’t be complicated. We’ve removed the guesswork to give you all the best nutrition tips & tools, all in one place. Ready to kickstart your health journey? We’re here to guide you.