Impress Your Friends With This No-Bake (And Vegan!) Dessert
Raw desserts might evoke a feeling of anxiety to less savvy cooks, but I promise this recipe is an easy one.
It also offers endless flavor options — if you’re not a huge blackberry person or are craving chocolate, you can modify the toppings to suit your mood.
If there's one recipe that's sure to be a game-changer, this is it. Make it for your next barbecue or picnic to wow even non-vegan friends.
Lemon Blackberry Cashew Cheesecake
Makes 6 muffin pan-sized cheesecakes
Ingredients for the crust
- 1/2 cup dry nuts (pecans or almonds would work)
- 1/2 cup dates
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Ingredients for the filling
- 10 ounces raw cashews (soaked for a few hours)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 tablespoons agave (as desired)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1-2 packages of blackberries
1. In a food processor blend the nuts, dates, shredded coconut, and cinnamon. Press the crust into the bottom of a muffin pan.
2. Take the soaked cashews and blend in a food processor with lemon juice, lemon extract, agave and coconut cream. Scoop from the food processor and place evenly on top of the crust.
3. Take a handful of blackberries and pulse in a food processor and swirl into the filling mixture. (This gives it a tie-dye effect.)
4. Freeze for 60 minutes. Top with fresh fruit and enjoy!
Photo courtesy of the author
And are you ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.