Impress Your Friends With This No-Bake (And Vegan!) Dessert
Raw desserts might evoke a feeling of anxiety to less savvy cooks, but I promise this recipe is an easy one.
It also offers endless flavor options — if you’re not a huge blackberry person or are craving chocolate, you can modify the toppings to suit your mood.
If there's one recipe that's sure to be a game-changer, this is it. Make it for your next barbecue or picnic to wow even non-vegan friends.
Lemon Blackberry Cashew Cheesecake
Makes 6 muffin pan-sized cheesecakes
Ingredients for the crust
- 1/2 cup dry nuts (pecans or almonds would work)
- 1/2 cup dates
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Ingredients for the filling
- 10 ounces raw cashews (soaked for a few hours)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 tablespoons agave (as desired)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1-2 packages of blackberries
1. In a food processor blend the nuts, dates, shredded coconut, and cinnamon. Press the crust into the bottom of a muffin pan.
2. Take the soaked cashews and blend in a food processor with lemon juice, lemon extract, agave and coconut cream. Scoop from the food processor and place evenly on top of the crust.
3. Take a handful of blackberries and pulse in a food processor and swirl into the filling mixture. (This gives it a tie-dye effect.)
4. Freeze for 60 minutes. Top with fresh fruit and enjoy!
Photo courtesy of the author