A vegetarian take on a Dr. Seuss classic, this is a delicious, satisfying way to start the day.
Greens, Egg + Yam
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons herbs of your choice (I used parsley + coriander)
- garlic powder (optional) salt & pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 avocado
1. Peel your sweet potato and then cut into chunks small enough to fit into your food processor. Use the processor to grate your sweet potato (you can also do this by hand).
2. Transfer potato to a bowl and mix in a good amount of olive oil, your herbs and any spices you wish to add — garlic powder would be great.
3. Place all sweet potato into a hot oily pan. Fry for about 5 minutes (I go longer to get it crispy). Press the mixture in one layer to the pan then stir again. Repeat the process until at your desired crispiness. Arrange on plates in a hash brown shape.
4. Top with blanched asparagus and avocado. Fry or poach an egg and place onto each stack and enjoy.
For more healthy, delicious recipes check out the new monthly magazine, The Healthy Mama. You can head to their website for a free 7-day trial to get a taste of what you are in for.
And are you ready to learn how to fight inflammation and address autoimmune disease through the power of food? Join our 5-Day Inflammation Video Summit with mindbodygreen’s top doctors.