Loaded with dark leafy greens, this soup packs a good dose of vitamins K and A. This recipe supplies healthy fats from the avocado, pumpkin seeds, and coconut oil. Healthy fats are critical to a healthy metabolism because in addition to boosting the absorption of certain vitamins, they also help to keep the blood sugar and hunger hormones in check — which means you'll be satisfied for longer.
Rich sources of vitamin C, potassium, fiber, iron, calcium, and even protein, this soup also delivers a good dose of antioxidants. Best news: this recipe takes about 5 minutes to make.
5-Minute Power Greens Soup
- 3 cups of organic dark leafy greens (such as kale, baby spinach, chard)
- 1 cup of organic chicken bone broth (or vegetable broth)
- the flesh of 1/2 a ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons shelled pumpkin seeds (plus extra for topping)
- Himalayan salt - to taste
- cashew or coconut cream
- alleppo peppers/cayenne to taste
1. Heat coconut oil in pan on medium, saute the garlic for a couple minutes. Add the greens, squeeze on some lemon and sprinkle with a little Himalyan salt. Saute until just wilted, but still bright green.
2. Warm the broth in a saucepan on the stove. Put the broth, garlic, greens, avocado, pumpkin seeds, and celery into the Vitamix and blend well. Taste and add salt as needed.
3. Pour into bowls. Swirl in some cashew cream, sprinkle on some alleppo peppers or cayenne pepper, and top with pumpkin seeds.
Want your passion for wellness to change the world? Become A Functional Nutrition Coach! Enroll today to join our upcoming live office hours.