In honor of national pancake day, here's an (unintentionally) grain-free pancake recipe using coconut flour and almond meal. For balance, slather generously with grass-fed butter and pure maple syrup.
Coconut Flour + Almond Meal Pancakes
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1/2 cup milk (cow's, coconut, almond, etc.)
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons butter (if you can find grass-fed, great) + more for serving
- pure maple syrup to drizzle
1. In a large bow, mix all the dry ingredients: the coconut flour, almond meal, baking powder and salt.
2. Slowly whisk in the wet ingredients: the eggs, coconut oil and milk. Mix until the batter is smooth. (If it feels a little dry, add more milk until it reaches the consistency you're after).
3. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the butter and allow it to melt, then add scoops of batter (about a ¼ cup each) for silver dollar pancakes. Cook for about a minute on each side until golden brown. Slather with butter and drizzle maple syrup as desired.
Photo courtesy of the author
And are you ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.