20-Minute Meal: Red Quinoa Salad With Black Beans, Corn + Avocado
Wheat-free, gluten-free, high in protein and low in calories, quinoa is one of the healthiest superfoods you can eat. Another benefit? This salad takes no time to prepare.
Red Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup uncooked red quinoa
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh, frozen, or canned corn (thawed if using frozen)
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
1. Cook the quinoa. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
3. Add the corn, avocado, tomatoes and black beans to the quinoa and stir to combine. Add the lime dressing and stir gently.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
Reprinted from "The Healthy You Diet" by Dawna Stone. Copyright (c)2014 by Dawna Stone. By permission of Rodale Books. Available wherever books are sold.