These cookies are half cookie and half macaroon. They're also vegan, gluten-free, nut-free and dairy-free. They are delicious with a cup of tea, or make for a quick and convenient breakfast when you're in a rush, without sacrificing your health.
Twisted Coconut Cookies
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey (maple syrup or other sweetener if you choose not to eat honey)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a large bowl mix together chickpea flour, brown rice flour, coconut flour, shredded coconut and baking powder.
2. In a separate large bowl mix together room temperature coconut oil, honey, lemon juice and baking powder.
3. Transfer wet ingredients into the the dry ingredients bowl and mix together well.
4. Roll cookie dough into balls 1-inch balls, place on parchment paper, and flatten with hand or spatula.
5. Put in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until edges are a golden brown. Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy!
Photo courtesy of the author
And do you want your passion for wellness to change the world? Become A Functional Nutrition Coach! Enroll today to join our upcoming live office hours.