1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Wash and dry sweet potato. Pierce several times with tongs of a fork. Place sweet potato on lined baking sheet and bake for 45-50 minutes, until tender. Remove potato from oven and allow to cool.
4. Lower oven to 350ºF and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
5. Remove skin from sweet potato. In a large bowl mash flesh of potato with a fork. Break up and large lumps with your hands.
6. Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well to form a dough. Using a tablespoon or small cookie scoop, drop rounded balls of dough onto the cookie sheets leaving 2-3 inches in between. Bake for 15-17 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Photo courtesy of the author