Carrot, Turmeric + Ginger Soup
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 pound carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons turmeric, ground
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh chives
- 4 tablespoons coconut yogurt
- olive oil
1. Add olive oil to a large stockpot (just enough to just coat the bottom). Add onions and garlic with salt, pepper and turmeric and sauté for about a minute until fragrant. Add carrots. Add veggie broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for around 20-25 minutes until carrots are tender.
2. Allow the soup to cool slightly, then blend either in a blender or with an immersion blender until smooth. Re-heat as desired and top each bowl with a tablespoon of coconut yogurt and chives.
Photos by Vanessa Rees
Recipes + Styling by Christina Liva