Meatless Monday: Easy Eggplant Stir Fry With Spicy Peanut Sauce
This easy eggplant stir fry has quickly become my go-to meal on evenings that I'm strapped for time. It's really satisfying and warming, perfect for the colder months.
Eggplant Stir Fry With Spicy Peanut Sauce
For the Stir Fry
- 1 block organic Tempeh diced into small pieces
- 1 medium sized eggplant, diced into small pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced into small pieces
- 1 head of broccoli, broken into smaller pieces
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms, sliced into small pieces
- approximately 2 tablespoons raw organic coconut oil, for sautéing
For the Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 2 tablespoons organic peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2-inch piece of ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- optional sides: organic brown rice or organic quinoa to increase the protein
1. For the stir fry: Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in the sesame oil. Start off by sautéing the garlic, onions, mushrooms, and cabbage until they begin to soften, about 5-7 minutes. Add in tempeh and the rest of the vegetables. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover, turn off the heat, and let sit while you make the sauce.
2. For the peanut sauce: Add all ingredients into a Vitamix or High Speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour over the veggie and tempeh mixture. Enjoy!
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.