Chocolate Cashew Milk (It's Vegan!)
This is not the chocolate milk from your childhood. Raw and dairy-free, this easy-to-make Chocolate Cashew Milk will definitely hit the spot!
Cashews provide a creamy texture but you can get creative by trying different types of nuts (almonds, macadamia, brazil nuts). Maca powder gives this recipe a little extra zing (it's energizing and strengthening) but if you don't have any on hand you can feel free to omit it — it will still taste great!
Chocolate Nut Milk
Makes about 1 quart
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water at least 4 hours
- 3 cups of filtered water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tbsp. agave or maple syrup, added to desired sweetness.
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp. maca powder
1. Rinse and drain cashews. Combine with water in blender and blend until smooth.
2. Strain contents of blender through a nut milk bag.
3. Return to blender and add remaining ingredients.
4. Chill for at least an hour before serving. Store in refrigerator for up to 4 days.