Strawberry-Peach Probiotic Sorbet For A Healthy Gut!
People often ask me what is the one thing they need to know to get started on their journey to well-being. My response is instant: “Focus on your gut."
When your gut is telling you something's not right; it hurts, it's tired, it's not providing you with energy you need, it's gassy, it's bloated, it's exhausted, it's causing your skin to break out, or your hair to fall out...you need to listen to it. Get in touch with those gut feelings!
You can get back in touch with your gut by eating a probiotic-rich diet, making good lifestyle choices, and using food as medicine. Trust me, you will hear it speak to you, and you will know when you're on the right path!
To help you on your path to gut health, here's a game-changing probiotic recipe … a probiotic dessert!
Here is this amazingly great for you dessert:
Strawberry, Mint-Peach Probiotic Sorbet
- 1½ cups organic strawberries, cleaned, chopped
- 1 whole organic peach, pit removed, chopped (skin on)
- ½ cup coconut water kefir
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 1 dropper organic liquid stevia (optional)
1. Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until mostly smooth (but small chunks of fruit are OK).
2. Pour mixture into shallow glass pan (I used a glass bread loaf dish 8.5”x4.5”x2.5”). Freeze for 2-3 hours. Allow to soften slightly before serving (I let mine sit at room temperature for minimum of 30 minutes before scooping). For even more probiotic powers, top your scoop with a 1/4 cup coconut water kefir.
Tip: Try making as a popsicle too: use the same base and pour into popsicle molds. Slightly warm to release from mold ... and voila! Your kids will love these as fruity treats!