An Oil-Free Dressing That Works On Any Salad!
If delicious, low-fat raw vegan dressings were available at all restaurants, I’m sure way more people would order salad. Why? Because the essence of salad is a dressing! Here's a recipe that will revive even the most boring salad.
Oil-Free Citrus Salad Dressing
Makes about 2 cups
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, packed
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 Neglet Noor dates or 1 Medjool date (optional)
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Ground pepper, to taste
1. Soak sundried tomatoes in freshly squeezed orange juice for at least one hour or overnight in a fridge. Make sure to use sundried tomatoes that are not soaked in oil (otherwise it won’t be low fat).
2. Throw all the ingredients, including the orange juice, in a blender and blend until smooth. If your oranges are sweet enough, you might not need to use any dates. Also, I didn’t use any salt but you might want to use it depending on your taste preferences.
3. Pour over salad and enjoy!
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.