An Oil-Free Dressing That Works On Any Salad!
If delicious, low-fat raw vegan dressings were available at all restaurants, I’m sure way more people would order salad. Why? Because the essence of salad is a dressing! Here's a recipe that will revive even the most boring salad.
Oil-Free Citrus Salad Dressing
Makes about 2 cups
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, packed
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 Neglet Noor dates or 1 Medjool date (optional)
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Ground pepper, to taste
1. Soak sundried tomatoes in freshly squeezed orange juice for at least one hour or overnight in a fridge. Make sure to use sundried tomatoes that are not soaked in oil (otherwise it won’t be low fat).
2. Throw all the ingredients, including the orange juice, in a blender and blend until smooth. If your oranges are sweet enough, you might not need to use any dates. Also, I didn’t use any salt but you might want to use it depending on your taste preferences.
3. Pour over salad and enjoy!
Want to turn your passion for wellbeing into a fulfilling career? Become a Certified Health Coach! Learn more here.