This tofu and vegetable quinoa over spinach is healthy and hearty. With all the protein in this recipe, you won't miss the meat!
Quinoa Salad with Black Beans and AvocadoServings: 4
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thin slices or julienned
- 4-6 scallions, rinsed and chopped (tips removed)
- 4 cups spinach, washed and stems removed
- 1/2 pound extra firm tofu, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions.
2. Fill a steamer pan or pot with an inch of water. Place tofu in steamer basket and steam for ten minutes, or until tofu is cooked through.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the juice of one fresh lemon, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and set aside.
4. In a medium to large bowl, combine hot quinoa and tofu with tomatoes, bell pepper and scallions. Pour in 3/4 of the dressing mixture and stir lightly.
5. Scoop over spinach or other mixed green. Drizzle remaining dressing over spinach leaves and enjoy!
Recipe adapted with permission from Healthy You! 14 Days to Quick and Permanent Weight Loss and a Healthier, Happier You.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com