Pumpkin Cacao Chip Superfood Smoothie
Craving a pumpkin spice latte? Just say no: they have almost 50 grams of sugar! Instead, try making a superfood pumpkin smoothie!
Pumpkin's bright orange color is an indicator that it's a rich source of beta-carotene, which the body converts to vitamin A. Vitamin A is important for immunity, its anti-aging properties, and more. Pumpkin is also a rich source of fiber and many other nutrients, including potassium and magnesium.
This delicious smoothie literally tastes like a chocolate chip pumpkin pie in a glass … but unlike pumpkin pie, you won't need to lie on the couch and unbutton your pants and take a nap after eating it. This smoothie also has omega-3-rich chia seeds — which provide lasting energy, improve focus, attention, and mood — and cacao nibs, which taste like nutty chocolate chips and offer a good dose of magnesium and polyphenols. So enjoy this delicious pumpkin smoothie without the guilt!
- 2/3 cup of coconut water
- 1/3 cup of almond or cashew milk (or another alternative milk)
- 1/3 cup fresh pureed pumpkin flesh, or canned pumpkin puree (not pie mix)
- 1/2 of a frozen banana 1 Tbsp almond butter (or NuttZo Peanut free)
- 1-2 Tbsp chia seed (white if you can find it)
- 1/2 scoop of Warrior Blend Vanilla Protein Powder
- A sprinkle of cinnamon (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp of pure vanilla extract, or vanilla powder
- Ice as needed to thicken
- Pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt (or real salt) — brings out sweetness and flavors
- Optional — add a few drops of stevia, a couple soaked dates, or a splash of raw honey, agave, or maple syrup to taste (sweeten sparingly as needed to taste!)
- Raw cacao nibs — stir in/top as much as desired, sprinkle extra cinnamon on top.
Put everything except the cacao nips into the blender, blend well.
Add ice as needed to thicken. Taste and adjust for sweetness, adding a few drops of stevia or a natural sweetener as needed if you like.
Sprinkle a little more cinnamon on the top and top with cacao nips to decorate
Serve & enjoy immediately!
Download Sara’s free Cooking with Superfoods eBook for some more delicious and nutritious recipes! Or sign up for her upcoming 1-week Perfect Metabolism sugar detox program.