Start Your Weekend Right With This Vegan Chocolate Smoothie!
This smoothie will take five minutes to make and will fill you up with great energy.
I love it because it's full of great saturated fats (avocado and coconut) that are essential to our health, but it's also rich in magnesium, potassium and vitamin B6.
The raw cacao will also bring a good dose of antioxidants, iron and zinc and will definitely boost your mood and energy.
What You Need
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 2 small bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 handful raw cacao beans (or nibs)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (to keep your sugar levels in check)
- 1 pinch unrefined sea salt
- 3/4 cup filtered water (use cold water to have a chiller smoothie)
What You Do
- Place all ingredients in your high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve in a glass.
- Garnish with raw cacao nibs (optional).
Are you a raw cacao addict like me? Try this.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.