Vegan Recipe: Cheesy Chickpea, Veggie & Polenta Stir Fry
This recipe is one of my favorite fall comfort foods because it's so easy to make, yet super delicious. Enjoy!
Cheesy Chickpea, Veggie and Polenta Stir Fry
makes 4 servings
For the sauce:
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbs gluten-free tamari (or soy sauce if you eat gluten)
- 2 Tbs tahini
- 4 Tbs nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
For the stir-fry:
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 package of polenta, cut into bite size pieces (or 1 dry cup prepared ahead of time)
- 1 can of chickpeas (or 1.5 cups of cooked chickpeas)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut in pieces
In a small bowl or cup, mix sauce ingredients together until smooth.
Heat oil in a large pan or wok at medium high. Add onions, garlic and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Turn heat down to medium. Add broccoli, tomatoes, chickpeas and polenta. Add a dash of tamari (or soy sauce) to help veggies cook. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in sauce. Transfer to plates and top with avocado.
Want your passion for wellness to change the world? Become A Functional Nutrition Coach! Enroll today to join our upcoming live office hours.