This recipe is one of my favorite fall comfort foods because it's so easy to make, yet super delicious. Enjoy!
Cheesy Chickpea, Veggie and Polenta Stir Fry
makes 4 servings
For the sauce:
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbs gluten-free tamari (or soy sauce if you eat gluten)
- 2 Tbs tahini
- 4 Tbs nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
For the stir-fry:
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 package of polenta, cut into bite size pieces (or 1 dry cup prepared ahead of time)
- 1 can of chickpeas (or 1.5 cups of cooked chickpeas)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut in pieces
In a small bowl or cup, mix sauce ingredients together until smooth.
Heat oil in a large pan or wok at medium high. Add onions, garlic and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Turn heat down to medium. Add broccoli, tomatoes, chickpeas and polenta. Add a dash of tamari (or soy sauce) to help veggies cook. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in sauce. Transfer to plates and top with avocado.