It’s Sunday and I’ve been hosting a birthday extravaganza for my fiance for the past several days. I’m pooped and HUNGRY. I love to cook, but the last thing I want is to go grocery shopping. I’d love to just order a pizza, but my tummy will be seriously ticked after all that cheese. So I had to bring matters into my own hands.
Homemade gluten-free vegan "pizza!" I already had my vegan cheese made (I recommend having it around because it's awesome on so many things), so this was extremely simple and satisfying. From my lazy Sunday kitchen to yours, with love! Don’t pull a muscle opening the marinara jar...
- 1 piece of gluten-free bread (Udi’s is my fav)
- 1 jar of marinara sauce (you can’t beat Rao’s or Lucini’s)
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped in food processor
- 2 t chipotle pepper powder
- 2 t garlic powder
- 2 t onion powder
- 1 T sea salt
- 1 good pinch (more or less) of cayenne pepper depending on how spicy you want it
Combine walnuts, nutritional yeast, chipotle, garlic, onion, salt and cayenne powder in a food processor and blend until fine. Store this in your refrigerator for anytime you want to add a cheesy, zingy kick to your food!
Toast your bread with a nice dollop of sauce and vegan ‘cheese’ on top. Then eat it. That simple.