Why is changing our behavior and habits so difficult? Why do we always start with the best intentions to get in shape, quit caffeine, stop smoking or reduce alcohol consumption, but end up indulging Read
The 1st Chakra, the Root Chakra, represents our foundation and is all about feeling grounded and secure. Here's the quick skinny on what you need to know about Root Chakra healing:
Location of our Root Chakra: Base of spine in tailbone area
What affects our Root Chakra: Survival issues, such as money and food
- Stomping your bare feet on the ground. Remember, the Root Chakra is all about feeling "grounded."
- Practicing Kundalini Yoga can open up your lower spine. Bridge Pose is another good yoga pose to try out (see above image).
- Red colored foods like apples and beets
- Hot spices like red cayenne peppers and Tabasco sauce
- Vegetables from the ground like potatoes and carrots
- Animal proteins like red meat and eggs
Photo Credit: Shutterstock