10 Things You Didn't Know About Kissing
Everyone loves a kiss, don’t they? When someone leans over and plants a big kiss on us, don’t we just smile inside? We somehow feel a glow – unless of course we don’t really like that person, in which case it’s another story…
What’s with all the kissing?
Kissing is big news. It’s good for us. It extends our health, makes us happier, promotes all sorts of amazing chemicals to go flooding through our body, and makes us smile. All round, it’s a very fine thing that perhaps we should be doing more of day by day. If we read the research on the positive benefits of kissing, we would be at it all day long.
Top 10 Facts on Kissing
1. Kissing helps people relax and significantly reduces the effects of stress.
2. On average, people spend 20,000 minutes (two weeks) of life kissing.
3. Kissing uses 29 facial muscles – it’s a very effective exercise to reduce wrinkles.
4. 66 percent of people close their eyes while kissing. The rest take pleasure in watching the emotions in the face of their partner.
5. A quick kiss burns three calories, an energetic kiss more than 10 calories.
6. Lips are 200 times more sensitive than fingers.
7. People who kiss their partners goodbye before going to work live longer than those who shut the door.
8. Eskimos do it this way: they rub noses together. Their lips open up once their noses meet. Then they take a deep breath and send air out while holding lips closed. After this, they notice the smell and scent of one other, followed up by pressing noses against each other’s cheeks for a freezing minute or two.
9. Kissing in public is a no-go in Japan, Taiwan, China and Korea.
10. When kissing, the body produces a substance that is 200 times more powerful than morphine, releasing a powerful narcotic effect on the body.
The Bottom Line
Kissing can create powerful feelings of euphoria and bliss – woo hoo! So, forget about the rush and the getting some place today. Instead, take a deep breath, smell your friend’s scent and rub noses – if you’re an Eskimo. Or, if you’re not an Eskimo, just reach over and give that person you love a great big gorgeous narcotic-inducing kiss.
Kissing rocks. It’s official.
About the Author
MBG Approved Products