7 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Acne

Moving to another country can be a very stressful event in your life. Adjusting to a new community, new habits and new food can clearly impact your health. That’s what happened to me three years ago, when I moved from Barcelona, my home town, to the United States. I gained weight, and acne suddenly broke out all over my face for the first time, even though I was in my early 20s!

I'd always had porcelain skin in my teens; there was never a pimple or even a freckle on my face, so I felt kind of desperate. I visited general doctors and dermatologists, and tried many over-the-counter gels and prescribed lotions, which never worked. I finally decided to find the solution within myself, because I realized I'd neglected to listen to my body. It was craving self-care, love and “Me Time.”

I decided to incorporate new habits into my daily routine, and I made some changes in my diet. With patience and perseverance, I got that clear skin back in a few months!

Here are some of my tips for you:

Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com

About the Author

Carla Z has a B.A in Nutrition and Human Dietetics and she is an expert of The Mediterranean Diet. Originarilly from Barcelona, she is now based in San Diego, where she is currently training to become a Certified Holistic Health Coach from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition in NYC. She is passionate about raising awareness about the power of foodandthe paths to human wellbeing; she truly believes that a balanced diet and a wholesome lifestyle are the keys to maintaining a healthy body, a clear mind and a free spirit. Her Dharma is giving back to the community; so you can easily find her offering workshops, market tours, cooking classes,    and providingnutritional advice either personally or on-line. She invests her "Me time" practising yoga, gardening, and making up new recipes. She defines herself as an adventurous Life Apprentice.

Comments
Popular