The simple, naked truth is that dessert can be good for you; in fact, dessert can fuel your body, nourish your nervous system, cleanse you colon and renew your vitality.
You’ll be delighted to know that you can still enjoy the good things in life, like delicious food and desserts, without compromising your health. Desserts can be packed full of protein and fats that boost your immune system and optimize your health. The key is to break up with sugar, for good.
As a Natural Health Practitioner, I'm always encouraging clients to rethink their cupboard staples — ditch the sugar
, give processed "foods" the boot and stock up on whole foods.
This recipe, adapted from The Bee's Knees Kitchen
, is one of the easiest and tastiest raw food desserts to help you make the change to healthy desserts.
Carrot Cake with Creamy Lemon Frosting
- 1 ½ cup of grated carrot
- ½ cup of almond meal
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup of walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- ¼ cup goji berries
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste
Creamy Lemon Icing:
- ¼ cup of cashews
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 ½ tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tablespoon of stevia or honey (more if you have a sweet tooth)
1. Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well using a hand blender, until combined.
2. Grease a cup cake tray or use cupcake papers
3. Shape the mixture into balls and press into a cupcake tray
4. Set in the fridge for at least 2 hours
Lemon Frosting Directions:
1. In a blender mix the cashews into a flour.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and blend for 20 seconds.
3. Frost over the carrot cakes.
4. Place in the fridge until set.