5 Foods To Supercharge Your Morning Smoothie

As a naturopath, one of the complaints I hear from my clients all of the time is that they don't have enough energy to get them through the day. While there may be a myriad of reasons for this, I like to start with the basics: breakfast.

When sugary wheat-based cereals, toast and coffee are substituted for healing green smoothies, their energy levels begin to soar and they come back with brighter eyes, clearer skin, and bigger smiles.

I like to get most people started with a simple smoothie recipe consisting of: 
  • a good quality plant-based protein powder
  • two servings of fruit 
  • two servings of greens such as spinach, kale or watercress 
  • blended with either water or their choice of almond, rice or oat milk
This works pretty well at stabilizing blood-sugar, energy, mood and concentration levels throughout the rest of their day. However, for people who have been chronically ill or have nutrient deficiencies, or who simply want to bring their level of health from great to REALLY great, there are five foods I recommend to turn their basic smoothie into a SUPER smoothie!

About the Author

Sharee James is a naturopath, yoga teacher, massage therapist and director of Ashima Journeys – a boutique tour company specializing in healing retreats and yoga holidays.

A passionate explorer of over 20 countries, Sharee takes great pleasure in providing wellness retreats in the Himalayas of Nepal, integrating local healing and spiritual traditions with an authentic and exciting travel experience.

Comments
Comments