10 New Year's Resolutions For The Soul

New Year’s is often a time for reflection, looking back at a year that went by way too fast, possibly without achieving some of the goals we set back in January. 

We're still carrying around the 20 pounds we swore we'd finally take off, we haven’t paid off our debts, we didn’t write that book that we've been thinking about for a decade. 

This happens to most of us. And then we feel inadequate, incompetent, lazy, any number of negative things. 

From that place of negative thinking, we can never start anew.  

So before 2013 begins, embrace the past year as being exactly as it was meant to be. Accept what is and get clear on what you want moving forward. Shout it to the Universe and know that every day (never mind every year!) is a new slate. 

In order for the outward manifestations to materialize in our life, our inner being needs some priming. 

Here are my 10 New Year’s Resolutions for the soul: 
  1. I resolve to love myself each and every day with all my flaws and all my beauty.
  2. I resolve to allow others to be themselves.
  3. I resolve to see the positive aspects of every situation.
  4. I resolve to express appreciation daily.
  5. I resolve to tell the inner judge to go away.
  6. I resolve to forgive myself and others.
  7. I resolve to meditate for 15 minutes per day.
  8. I resolve to spend as much time with Mother Nature as possible.
  9. I resolve to shut down the computer, turn off my phone, and connect with my loved ones for quality time each and every day.
  10. I resolve to live and let live.
Intentions are very powerful and with these above intentions in mind, whatever goals I achieve or don’t achieve in 2013, chances are I will spend my time feeling joy and peace. Isn’t that what we all want at the end of the day anyway? 

Happy New Year!

Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com

You May Also Enjoy

6 Powerful (But Simple!) Tools To Cope With Stress

Whether you're aware of it or not, you have a pattern for coping with stress. Unfortunately, most people have found patterns and methods that do not support good health. Read

About the Author
Jeanette Sandor is a native New Yorker, wife, sister, daughter, mom to four amazing children and an endearing bull mastiff, a Registered Nurse for more than three decades, owner of a legal nurse consulting business and most recently a Certified Law of Attraction Coach. Jeanette is working to bring a sense of well-being, success and serenity to those seeking more from life. Her passions lie in her desire and ability to help others stop living a life of their conditioning and start living a life of their dreams! Jeanette has started her Well-Being Life Coach practice focusing specifically on relationships, parenting and overall health and well-being issues. She is simultaneously working on a book for families of loved ones who live in nursing homes to make them keenly aware of the inherent dangers of living in a nursing home and how to prevent injuries and poor outcomes for their loved one. Find out more about Jeanette at her blog , and follow her on Twitter  and Facebook
Comments
Popular