Hearty Holiday Quinoa Recipe
This is one of my favorite flavor combinations and I find it particularly delicious once the temperature starts to drop.
It’s easy to crave heavier (and often unhealthy) foods once it becomes cold, so try this filling and nutritious meal to help your cravings and keep you smiling and warm!
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped fine
- 1/4 cup good extra-virgin olive oil (preferred: Lucini Italia)
- 1 bunch collard greens, washed and chopped
- 1 can canellini (white) beans (throughly rinsed)
- 1 can marinated sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (reserve oil)
- 1/4 cup white wine (optional)
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino cheese (optional)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1.5 cups coconut water (preferred: ZICO Natural)
- salt and pepper to taste
Warm oil in medium sauce pan and add chopped garlic for 1 minute.
Add chopped collard greens, salt and pepper to taste and stir the greens until covered lightly in the oil for about 4-5 minutes.
Add beans and tomatoes and stir well.
Mush some of the beans to get a nice sauce consistency.
Sauté for 8 minutes. Add wine and cook on medium heat for one minute then stir in pecorino cheese.
Meanwhile, bring quiona to a boil in the coconut water with a good drizzle of the leftover oil from the sundried tomatoes and a good pinch of salt. Once boiling, stir and bring to low heat and cover for 15 minutes or until cooked through and fluffy.
Mix quinoa and bean mixture.
Top with additional cheese if desired and enjoy!
To learn more about plant-based nutrition, check out our video course The Ultimate Guide To Plant-Based Nutrition.
About the Author
7 hours, 11 minutes ago
14 hours, 56 minutes ago
one day, 5 hours ago
one day, 13 hours ago
4 days, 7 hours ago