Holiday Favorite: Pumpkin Banana Spice Smoothie Recipe
If you’re looking for ways to make your Thanksgiving and holiday season healthier, start with my Pumpkin Banana Spice vegan smoothie.
It’s a delicious, nutrient-rich substitute for pumpkin pie or a pumpkin latte and will keep you feeling lighter and more energized than sugary desserts.
This smoothie is great for breakfast or after a tough workout. Rich in vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, fiber, Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, it can provide the following health benefits:
- Healthy, Glowing Skin & Hair
- Immunity Boost
- Heart Health & Lower Blood Pressure
- Electrolyte Balance
- Strong Vision
Pumpkin Banana Spice Smoothie
Prep time: 10 minutes
Recipe makes about 20 ounces
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ banana
- 1 medjool date (pitted)
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp vanilla (alcohol free)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Dash nutmeg
- Dash cloves
- Dash ginger
1. Blend almond milk, medjool date and vanilla until date is pureed.
2. Blend in pumpkin puree, banana, chia seeds and cinnamon.
3. Add a tiny dash of each spice to taste. Keep in mind, the flavors are very strong, so a small pinch will go a long way.
4. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. Sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!
For a savory flavor, add a dash of Himalayan salt.
For a thinner consistency, add additional almond milk.
You can bake and mash fresh pumpkin, or use pumpkin puree. Be sure to choose pumpkin puree in a recyclable carton rather than in a can to avoid harmful BPA contamination. My favorite organic puree is from Fig Food Co., which you can find at most health food markets.
I’m spending this Thanksgiving with American friends in Hong Kong and will be making this smoothie as our dessert. Try it when you celebrate and let us know how it goes!
About the Author
MBG Approved Products