Pumpkin carving is lots of fun but did you know it can be the starting point for a healthy snack, too?
That’s right! Halloween isn’t just about gorging on candy and sweet treats. Squash is in season and pumpkin is at the forefront of healthy foods this week!
1. Pumpkins are an antioxidant and an anti inflammatory food! This means it helps with joint health, organ health, stress relief and soft tissue injuries!
2. Pumpkins can help protect the eyes from cataracts and degeneration with their Vitamin A content.
3. The high levels of Vitamin C help the immune system and encourages collagen production for the skin to maintain its beautiful glow and elasticity.
4. Pumpkin is a great source of fiber to help wash out any toxins and keep your body running smoothly.
5. Pumpkins hold enough carotids to give them their lovely orange color and help prevent premature aging and cardiovascular disease.
6. Pumpkin seeds are high in protein and plant based fatty acids, which help regulate cholesterol levels, protect against arthritis, promote healthy skin, and improve brain function.
7. The pulp and the seeds are rich in magnesium required for bone and tooth health.
8. Pumpkin contains lots of potassium and zinc to prevent the onset of cardiovascular disease and hypertension (high blood pressure). Zinc is also great for the immune system, skin and fertility.
9. The fruit contains L tryptophan, a chemical compound that triggers feelings of well being that aid depression in a smooth and natural way.