10 Inspiring Quotes From the Dalai Lama
No one can argue with the Dalai Lama when it comes to sound life advice.
What I love about him is his practical approach to living. He holds such wisdom, yet is able to communicate it in a way that makes sense to people all over the world, regardless of their culture or religion.
I’ve hand picked 10 Dalai Lama quotes that have inspired me to think differently about life.
I once read that the Dalai Lama tickles people he meets to help them overcome their nerves – I hope one of these quotes tickles you today in a way that brings a new lightness into your life.
1. "Everyday, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it.”
2. “Happiness is not something that comes ready made. It comes from your own actions.”
3. “The mind is like a parachute. It works best when it’s open.”
4. “Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.”
5. “If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.”
6. “Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.”
7. “Open your arms to change but don’t let go of your values.”
8. “Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.”
9. “Spend some time alone everyday.”
10. When asked what surprised him about humanity the most, the Dalai Lama replied:
“Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”
About the Author
MBG Approved Products