Avocado Corn Salad with Lime
- 2 ears of raw corn
- 1 large handful cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, cut in small chunks
- juice of 1 lime
- salt & pepper to taste
Directions: Cut the corn off the cob and break the large pieces up with your hands so they are all individual kernels. Place is a medium mixing bowl. Toss in the quartered cherry tomatoes and avocado chunks. Add the lime juice and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Stir gentlyâ??the avocado is delicate. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Serve immediately.
These and other recipes can be found at Serenity in the Storm. What are your favorite summer salads?
Raw Beet Salad with Sesame-Ginger Dressing
- 1 cup grated raw beet
- 1 cup grated raw carrot
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp brown rice vinegar
- 1 tsp ginger juice
- 3/4 low-sodium tamari
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
Directions: Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix. Let sit for a bit to marinate. Serve.
Cucumber Tomato Salad with Vinegar
Makes about 3 cups
- 1 1/2 cups diced cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomato
- 2 Tbls minced onion (preferable a sweet onion)
- 1 Tbls white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil (optional)
- pinch of salt and generous amount of freshly ground pepper
Directions: Put all ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings, keeping in mind that letting the salad sit in the fridge will help marry the flavors together.