Ladies, let’s get real. We have all made decisions when it comes to relationships that were based on the fear of being alone. I know all about it, because I have done it many times in the past. And those were not relationships that felt magical or lasted. Sometimes they even led to poor decisions that left me feeling guilty and bad about myself. I have even been in relationships where I felt more lonely than ever.
What if you chose the alternative and loved being with yourself so much you never felt lonely again? The outcome would be amazing. You would never date someone just because you felt lonely or were afraid to be alone. You would never settle. You would never accept a partner who possesses any of your deal breakers. You would start to pick partners you actually wanted to be with, and they would want to be with you equally as much because you are so freakin’ awesome. You would feel copious amounts of joy, and let me tell you, that is majorly attractive to other people who love living joyful lives, too. Bonus, right?
Let’s do this ladies, and start to love being alone with ourselves. We are our own soul mates, and everyone else is just a super awesome bonus soul mate. And, who knows who you will meet who has similar interests as you when you are out doing your thang.
Here is a list of 25 ways to be alone, but not lonely. Feel free to add to the list and take activities away that don't feel authentic to you.
- Go out to see a movie of your choice that is super girly and leaves you feeling good and happy.
- Take yourself out to a three-course dinner at a restaurant that serves amazing food.
- Put on your favorite girl power song and have a dance party.
- Make a list of why you are beautiful, and post it on your bathroom mirror. Read it every time you look at yourself in the mirror.
- Clean out your closet, and donate all the clothes you don’t feel hot and healthy in to charity.
- Read a feel good book from cover to cover.
- Take a luxurious bubble bath with organic essential oils or flower petals. Light some candles for ambiance.
- Go for a walk, and strut your stuff.
- Put on a little black dress, and go out dancing.
- Purchase some of your favorite healthy food, and make yourself a delicious meal, eaten by candle light.
- Take a dance class.
- Have a spa day at home. Look up organic treatments you can give yourself, such as a mayo hair mask and cucumber slices on your eyes.
- Play a musical instrument.
- Go contra dancing alone.
- Take a yoga class.
- Write down five things you are grateful for each night before you go to bed.
- Write down a list of five qualities your soul mate must have, and work on those qualities in yourself.
- Sprint at full speed around your block.
- Write a love letter to yourself.
- Make a vision board for the kind of relationships you want to attract into your life.
- Put on Dolly Parton, and deep clean a room in your house.
- Make a list of the relationships that no longer serve you, and burn it.
- Create some artwork.
- Give yourself a hot towel scrub.
Photo Credit: Greg Gowens