Ingredients (4 servings):
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 - 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Pasta noodles of choice
- Vegetables of choice
- Blend spinach with olive oil in food processor until smooth. (You can do it in two batches if necessary).
- Add garlic, walnuts, sunflower seeds, nutritional yeast, salt, black pepper, and blend until smooth. Add more olive oil if desired.
- Set pesto aside while you prepare rest of dish.
- Cook pasta al dente.
- Lightly cook vegetables on medium heat - for about 3 minutes.
- Toss pasta with pesto, vegetables, and beans.
- Optional: If adding cannellini beans, soak beans overnight, and cook on low for 3 hours prior to making pesto.