Advertisement
This ad is displayed using third party content and we do not control its accessibility features.
Close Banner
Advertisement
This ad is displayed using third party content and we do not control its accessibility features.

10 Funny Things That Only Happen To People Who Do Yoga

Author:
August 24, 2016
mbg Class Instructor & Yoga Teacher
By Caley Alyssa
mbg Class Instructor & Yoga Teacher
Caley Alyssa is a internationally renowned Los Angeles–based yoga teacher. She is a Certified Holistic Health Coach by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners, and has completed multiple yoga trainings, including Yoga Works 200-hour Teacher Training, Dharma Mittra 500-hour Teacher Training, and Yoga Tree 200-hour Teacher Training, among others.
Photo by Muth King for mindbodygreen
August 24, 2016

The older I get, the more I realize that it's SO important that we don't take ourselves too seriously! With the truest intentions of bringing you joy and a massively cheesy smile to your face, I'd like to share what makes me giggle and find release as a teacher, student, and human being. Here's my list of the top 10 funny things that only happen to people who do yoga:

1. You think it's socially acceptable to pass off your yoga leggings as work pants so that you can immediately hit the yoga studio the second the clock hits 5 p.m.

2. You find yourself purchasing anything with "yoga" in the name. "Yoga sling sandals made out of real yoga mat material? Sign me up!"

Muth King for mindbodygreen

3. You're a little too comfortable when a "stranger" comes up behind you to grab your hips or touch your sweaty back — it's all in the name of adjustment!

4. You abruptly wake up from a deep sleep because of a loud noise only to realize it's savasana and you've been snoring … !

5. From shoes to clothing, comfort is first priority on your fashion list. My favorite comfy shoes are Sanuk slip-on Sidewalk Surfers®!

6. Your plans revolve around your favorite yoga teacher's classes: "Could we do dinner at 8? I have an appointment at 6 I can't miss …"

7. You automatically assume that when someone asks you to "get a drink," it's going to be a green juice.

8. You have a fancy event to attend and realize that your entire closet is filled with brightly colored stretchy pants (board shorts for all my male yogis). Time to invest in something that's not Dri-FIT!

9. You have at least a few kitchen cabinets filled with blocks, wheels, straps, mats, foam rollers, or meditation cushions because you've run out of storage room elsewhere.

10. You attend your best friend's dinner party fully suited up in spandex, just in case a random AcroYoga session breaks out in the yard.

More On This Topic

more Lifestyle
Advertisement
Advertisement