Advertisement
This ad is displayed using third party content and we do not control its accessibility features.
Close Banner
Advertisement
This ad is displayed using third party content and we do not control its accessibility features.

13 Questions To Help You Find Your Purpose In Life

Ashley Dentino
Author:
February 26, 2015
Ashley Dentino
Written by
Photo by Getty Images
February 26, 2015

Many people frequently find themselves living one life, but yearning for something more. And that yearning usually doesn't just happen once; it often happens every couple of years.

You may start feeling a stir inside that brings questions to the surface, like, "Who am I?" and "What am I here to do?"

How you answer those questions can aim your life in a new direction. The questions have the potential to guide you closer to what you truly want in the next unfolding of your life. They can also help you begin participating in the world in a new, more aligned way.

If you don't take the time to pause and reflect, you'll start feeling stuck, bored, blocked, out of the flow, depressed, frustrated or sad. Something inside of you is calling on you to grow, and if you suppress that inner guidance, you'll probably suffer on some level. It seeps into your relationships, your job — everything.

During this time, you're being asked to tap into the invisible force that naturally guides everything to its highest level of creative possibility.

But in order to co-create with this invisible force and get traction on your path, you must first uncover your deepest desires. They're part of the inner guidance system that will lead you to a fulfilling life.

I know it's easy to sweep your desires under the rug because you might not see how they could be possible. They may not be the norm in society or you may feel like you don't have the support system you need, but these desires are your ticket to a life with more purpose and meaning.

Lifting up the rug and uncovering your deep desires isn't hard or scary. All it takes is a conscious pause in your day to presence what is trying to happen through you.

There are a lot of questions here to help you sense what is trying to happen next through you. Answer them all or just answer the ones that resonate.

1. Why am I doing what I'm currently doing?
  2. If I continue doing what I'm doing, what kind of person will I be in five years?
  3. What do I wish I spent more time doing?
  4. What do other people always thank me for?
  5. What completely absorbs my interest and attention?
  6. What do I need to do to truly enjoy my work and effectively lead others?
  7. What weight am I carrying that prevents me from moving forward?
  8. What dream do I need to start moving toward?
  9. When did I feel like I was being completely authentic?
  10. How do I know when I'm being completely authentic?
  11. When do I constantly have to adapt and act like I'm someone else?
  12. Where will I end up if I continue to show the world a facade and keep underutilizing my strengths?
  13. When was the last time I lit myself up and turned my energy on?

After looking for themes in the questions above …

• Who am I in the next phase of my life?
  • How do I want to feel in the next phase of my life?
  • What do I do in the next phase of my life?

Now, I'd love to hear from you in the comments below. What deep desires do you have for the next two to three months? Talking about them is a great way to help them start to unfold!

Watch Next

Enjoy some of our favorite clips from classes

Watch Next

Enjoy some of our favorite clips from classes

What Is Meditation?

Mindfulness/Spirituality | Light Watkins

Box Breathing

Mindfulness/Spirituality | Gwen Dittmar

What Breathwork Can Address

Mindfulness/Spirituality | Gwen Dittmar

The 8 Limbs of Yoga - What is Asana?

Yoga | Caley Alyssa

Two Standing Postures to Open Up Tight Hips

Yoga | Caley Alyssa

How Plants Can Optimize Athletic Performance

Nutrition | Rich Roll

What to Eat Before a Workout

Nutrition | Rich Roll

How Ayurveda Helps Us Navigate Modern Life

Nutrition | Sahara Rose

Messages About Love & Relationships

Love & Relationships | Esther Perel

Love Languages

Love & Relationships | Esther Perel

Related Videos (10)

What Is Meditation?

Box Breathing

What Breathwork Can Address

The 8 Limbs of Yoga - What is Asana?

Two Standing Postures to Open Up Tight Hips

How Plants Can Optimize Athletic Performance

What to Eat Before a Workout

How Ayurveda Helps Us Navigate Modern Life

Messages About Love & Relationships

Love Languages

Advertisement

More On This Topic

more Mindfulness
Advertisement
Advertisement