8 Inspirational Quotes To Help You Through Tough Times
You May Also Enjoy

18 Things I Really (Really!) Wish I'd Known In My 20s

Later this month I'll be celebrating my 35th birthday with a 10 day trip to Portland and Seattle. I'll go whale watching with friends, drink my weight in Stumptown coffee, and explore the bay with my  Read

It feels like every single person I know is going through a major transitional period right now. People are switching jobs, relocating, starting new ventures, rediscovering themselves and entering the unknown. Uncertainty is unavoidable during the unknown and that can bring a whole lot of fear, doubt and anxiety to the surface. Change isn’t easy, and that’s why so many people are paralyzed living lives that don’t fit them anymore.

If you’re someone who has decided that it’s time for a change, congratulate yourself for having the guts to be vulnerable enough to get this far. Even the naysayers around you wish they had the courage that you do. Your bravery and your risk-taking will pay off, even if it currently doesn’t feel that way. Great things take time, persistence and a whole bunch of patience. Don’t let a rough patch or a wave of confusion make you question your instinct to change. Your instinct is never wrong and although it may bring you through some turbulent times, it always eventually smooths things out.

There is no doubt that transitions can be scary. They can be slow, hard, isolating and difficult to understand at the time. The struggle may be real, but the struggle is never permanent. This too shall pass. Keep the faith, keep charging ahead and always remember … no rain, no rainbow.

Here are eight quotes to help you stay motivated, inspired and hopeful during difficult transitional periods in your life:

1. “We all want things to stay the same. Settle for living in misery because we are afraid of change, of things crumbling to ruins. Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation.” — Elizabeth Gilbert

2. “When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven’t.” — Thomas Edison

3. “I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again." — Eric Roth

4. "Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life." — J.K. Rowling

5. “When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." — Harriet Beecher Stowe

6. ‎"You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life." — Steve Jobs

7. “We can't be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don't have something better.” — C. Joybell C.

8. “The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure that you seek.” — Joseph Campbell

Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com

You May Also Enjoy

7 Amazing Things That Happened When I Got Off Facebook

About six months ago I was logged into Facebook, scrolling from my newsfeed when I looked down and saw my 7-month-old son, Oliver, staring at me. Read

To learn more about happiness, check out our video course How To Create More Happiness & Meaning In Your Life.
About the Author

Suzanne Kvilhaug is a writer who loves running, any kind of fitness class, and discovering conscious products that have the consumer’s best interest in mind. She has her certification in Plant-Based Nutrition and believes that eating mainly a clean whole foods plant-based diet is one of the most powerful things you can do to transform your life. She hopes to inspire and motivate others to reach their goals, eat better, make their health a priority and live a life that makes them excited to wake up every single day of the week, including Monday.

Comments
Popular