Have you ever tried roasted cabbage? If not, you must because it is oh-so-good! The flavor and texture is tough to beat, especially when you pair it with roasted cauliflower and a peanut sauce. This recipe is incredibly simple but packs in a ton of flavor!
Roasted Cabbage & Cauliflower Salad With Peanut Dressing
Average Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 2 as a meal, 4 as a starter or side
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 head of cabbage,thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 (15oz) can chickpeas - or 2 cups of homemade beans, warmed
- 1/4 cup green onions or chives, sliced (optional)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup cup hot water
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees.
2. Place cauliflower and cabbage onto a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well and roast for 30 minutes or until cabbage and cauliflower are browned.
3. Meanwhile, mix together peanut sauce and set aside. You can add more water to thin the dressing if needed.
4. Once cauliflower and cabbage are done, let cool for a few minutes then mix cauliflower, cabbage and chickpeas together. Add more salt and pepper as needed.
5. Serve over grain of choice or greens and drizzle with peanut sauce. Garnish with green onion or chives if using.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com